Thursday 4 September 2008

Wifi Woes!

Ok, so the story goes that I installed Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron through the update feature in the update manager. Now ever since then there have been a few niggling issues that I've ignored. But today my WiFi which had installed so perfectly has packed up and left! I've tried just about everything I've found on the Ubuntu Forums including NdisWrapper, MadWiFi and many others. Nothing works (hence I'm posting this from my EEE). So being as I'm at my wits end I'm going to install Ubuntu 8.04 from fresh. I've moved all my important stuff from my /home directory to my Vista and now I'm going to start over. Hopefully this will mean that all those niggling problems are sorted out in the process. See you on the other side!

[edit] Just over halfway through the install now at 11 minutes and 35 seconds. All going smoothly so far.

[edit2] installation complete at 17:30.3 restarting now

[edit 3] Vistas fine. Some odd grub errors Uh oh.

[edit 4] Grub boots fine from Vista harddrive but not the Ubuntu one! Strange but true!

[edit 5] Insallation complete at 24 minutes 3 seconds and 1 millisecond!

No comments: